Monday, August 15, 2011

Welcome Max!!

So our little boy finally arrived on friday morning at 4am. This was not exactly what I wanted because friday was also Kyles birthday. So now I have two little boys who share the same birthday. Oh well!! I hope they don't hate that too much. Its funny because I always would tell people my due date and just jokingly say I just hope they aren't born on the same day. I never actually thought it would happen. My due date was the 19th of August so I thought it was more likely that it would not happen on the 12th.

We decided to go into the hospital at about 6:30 that evening after having pretty regular contractions for a couple of hours. I wanted to go in on the 11th because the doctor I like was on that night and I wanted to get him to deliver. He also told me at my appointment the day before that if I came in with contractions he would keep me. I had contractions all the time but they would always stop.
We arrived at about 7 pm and they checked me and watched my contractions to see if I was actually in labor. I was about 3 cm and having pretty regular contractions. It took about 2 hours but they decided to keep me, which turned out to be a good thing because right after I got to my room the contractions got a lot worse.
I got my epidural when I was 5 cm dilated. I was pretty proud that I was able to hold out that long. I ended up not needing any pitocin at all, which is good because I was a vbac patient and pitocin also makes the contractions a lot stronger and more painful. After breaking my water it took about another 3 hours and it was time to push. I only pushed for about 5 min and he was here.
I thought it was a good experience, I liked that the doctor not only let Seth cut the cord but he also let Seth grab him and hand him to me.

This is me waiting for the action to begin. We didn't ever get a picture of the belly this time. I was a little disapointed that we didn't get around to it so my Mom took this picture so we could have a picture of him when he is still in the belly.

They put the baby on mommys tummy for an hour for skin to skin. It is supposed to be good for the baby. It helps him regulate his body temp. I liked this, to snuggle with him for awhile was nice. I didn't get to do this with my other two so it was really nice.



He came in at a wopping 8 pounds 15 ounces. He was a big boy. He was a little swollen on his face and head from the delivery so that may have had a little to do with it. I guess it also could be all the junk food I ate there at the end.









When we called and told Haylee that he was finally here. The first thing she said was, "is he wearing a costume?" We thought that was a little weird but I guess she had this theory that he was really a girl just dressed in a boys costume. It took about two seconds for her to fall in love with this little guy though, even though he is a boy. She wouldn't stop asking if she could hold him.





Kyle was a little different. He didn't really even seem to notice that there was a baby in the room. He was more interested in the light switch. But he is only two so we expected as much. I had told the nurses that it was my sons birthday so they all new that I had my baby on my other sons birthday. When he got there they all sang him happy birthday, I thought that was nice.




I was super impressed with my Mom, she was a trooper. She got up at about 7 that morning, stayed up all night and didn't go home to sleep until about 11am the next morning. She was up for more than 24 hours. She is amazing and helped me so much. I don't know what I would have done without her telling me to breath and watch the clock to make it through those contractions. She is amazing.




It is still amazing to me how different he looks now than in the hospital. His poor little face was more swollen than I realized. Seth would joke and say that he looked like a sumo wrestler because his face was so chubby and his eyes were puffy. As we got home and settled and the swelling went down he looked so different. Poor little guy, he went through a lot to get here. But he is amazing and we are so excited for him to finally be here.




Seths and Max took a nice nap when we got home. This is Seths favorate thing to do with the babies. They are pretty cute together.





1 comment:

Kimra Bham said...

Congratulations! He is a cutie!! That is so crazy that your boys have the same birthday :) Your kids are adorable- I'm glad your newest little addition is here and healthy :)