Thursday, May 21, 2009

Vacation Time

We were able to get away this weekend for a much needed family vacation. We went with Seths family to the Oregon Coast. On the way home we were able to stop at the Multnoma Falls. It was beautiful there. I was a little disappointed that I couldnt hike up to the top because it was a little too hard for me being so far along. Seth hiked up to the top though with Kim and his niece and nephew. They had a blast. Haylee and I just went down and had some Hot Cocoa while they went to the top.
We were able to get one day with some sunshine while we were at the coast and these days are very rare so we took advantage. We had a great time and it was gorgeous. His parents rented a beautiful beach house for us to stay in right on the beach it was great.








The first day we got there it was a little bit foggy and cloudy but kinda cool. I didnt let that stop me though from building a sand castle. My Mom taught me that you can not go to the beach and not build a sand castle so I got one built. Haylee liked to run around in the mist and play in the sand. She had a great time.



On the way there we were able to stop in Portland and go see the animals at the zoo. I had a blast at the zoo. It was soo much fun showing Haylee all the different animals. She got to see the Polar Bears, which were amazing and there was a sign that showed how tall you would be compared to a polar bear. We thought it was pretty cool.


One of my favorite animals we saw was the orangitang. It was so cool because he came right up to the glass and would look the kids right in the eye. I got a picture of him staring Haylee down. She just stared right back at him. It was really neat.







The fish were another favorite of Haylees. They had some really really big fish and then some really small fish. She went nuts over this saying "Look at this one and this one." I thought it was fun to see her so excited.



We had a great trip at the zoo. It was a little tiring for me to walk around all day but totally worth it. In fact we didnt quite get to see all the animals. I was kinda disappointed that we didnt get to see the rino and the hippos and the sea otters. It was a good thing we left when we did or else I think someone would have had to carry me out of there. But I didnt want to leave it was so great. All in all I thought this was a really great vacation and we got to see some really cool things.








2 comments:

ohilaryk@gmail.com said...

What a FUN vacation! Now I really do wish we came there to visit teach :)

Julie said...

So fun! I want to go there too! I have never been to the coast so it sounds like a blast.