Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Summer fun!

This summer we took a two week trip to California to see my family.  It was a long ride but we made it and we had a blast while we were there.  My Dad took the kids fishing at Witney portal.  They each caught a fish.  I think their favorate part was holding the fish after they caught it.



 Kyle made friends with my sisters chickens.  He loves animals and was always going over to say hello.
 We got to go to the beach for a few days also while we were there and soak up some sun.  It was a blast and Seth and the kids enjoyed a long standing tradition in my family and got frozen bananas from the candy shop.
 Kyle tried his hand at surfing on the boogy board.
I taught Seth how to boogy board and he really picked it up.  Then I couldn't get him out of the water.  Haylee even tried it and did a really good job on some smaller waves.  She had a ton of fun.
 She was actually pretty good at it and picked it up fast.  She and Seth would go out and wait for a wave and then she would just lay on the board and Seth would give her a little push and off she went.
 This is typical Kyle, (in Haylees sweater).  He loved the beach.
 Seth and the kids saw some birds on the beach one evening and thought it would be fun to go run through them.  Kyle thought this was really fun.
 Playing with some cousins in the sand.
 We went through Boise and picked up uncle Kevin on our way and while their we went to the Zoo in Boise.  My Moms name is Rhea and I thought it was so cool that they had birds called Greater Rhea, so I took a picture.
 The Zoo was cool they got to feed some animals and they had a butterfly room where you could go in and see all kinds of butterflies and watch them all fly around.  It was really neat.
 I think their favorate part was feeding the Giraffs though.  They thought that was pretty cool.

 Kyle loved the Lions though.  He liked to say how big they were.  We had a really good time.  It was a fun summer vacation.

No comments: