Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Haylee!!

Haylee is officially a four year old. I can't believe it. We had a strawberry shortcake birthday party for her to celebrate. We celebrated as a family on her actual birthday. Then only a couple of days after we had a big birthday bash in the back yard. I think it turned out pretty good. She had been telling me for months that she wanted a strawberry shortcake birthday party. I was a little unsure exactly what to do. This was the first birthday party for me, and I wanted it to be good for Haylee. The first task was getting all the stuff together. They don't really sell that much Strawberry shortcake stuff anymore. I don't know why but you can't find it at the stores. So I ordered most of what I needed online.

Seth picked out the cake all by himself while we were in California, and I have to say he did a pretty good job. Haylee was really excited about it.



She opened the presents from us with the family and I think she liked most of what she got. We got her some slippers that came with strawberry scented bubble bath and lotion. She also got a big strawberry shortcake toy she was pretty excited about, and snow white polly pocket stuff that came with a prince. She is always telling me when she plays with her polly pockets that she needs a boy. She has all girls and no boys. I don't exactly know if this is a good thing that she wants boy polly pockets or not.
She also got cute outfits from Grandma and Grandpa actually built her the prettiest head board for her bed. It's pretty amazing what he can do.

The big present from us what her big girl bike. Seth even set up a scavanger hunt for her to go on to find her bike. It was really creative. He hid clues for her to find that would lead her to the next clue and then finally to her bike. She was really excited about her bike she rode it until the sun went down.





A couple of days later was the big strawberry shortcake birthday party. It was a blast, they decorated visers and played games. My Mother in law drew up a strawberry for us to play pin the stem on the strawberry, which was really fun.


Haylee opened her presents surrounded by all her cute friends. She got some pretty good stuff too. It was so nice of all of her friends to come and celebrate with her.
The big hit of the party though was little strawberry shaped pinatas that we hid around the backyard for the kids to find and break into. At first they weren't exactly sure what they were supposed to do with these strawberrys, but then I had Haylee stomp on hers until it cracked open and they were off.


The party turned out to be ok. It was actually pretty fun. I have to admit I was a little stressed out about it, especially when I realized while I was trying to set up that morning that the wind was blowing a little bit. I may have a big backyard but I have a small house and we were gonna be out of luck if the weather turned bad on me because I am pretty sure we would not have fit in my house. I couldn't believe the help and support I got though. All theses kids are adorable and it was fun having them at the party.

1 comment:

Julie said...

I know Lexi had fun! You did an awesome job. So many kids is hard to do but I thought it was perfect