Saturday, June 26, 2010

Fun Times

We have been pretty busy the last month or so. I cant complain though its all been fun stuff. So needless to say this post is going to be a tad bit long so just a warning.
About a month ago we went to the Oregan coast with Seths family. On the way there we decided to go to the Omsi in Portland. It was so cool. I would definately recommend it. If you haven't been there you should go. There was so much to see and so much to do and it was all pretty interesting and also very educational. We took a lot of pictures and had a ton of fun.

Here is Seth with the kiddos at the Omsi before we got started on the fun stuff.



We finally talked Haylee into touching the electricity ball so that her hair would stand up. It was so funny watching her hair stand up like that. I got a pretty good picture of her too. She was such a trooper. She even gave me a little pose.


Next we talked her into dressing up as a wild animal and climbing into a log on the ground. This was quite a bit easier to talk her into doing. She was pretty cute.


We found a little sand and water table that the kids could play in. They are supposed to learn how to build a dam and make a river and all that good stuff. Haylee loved this. We had a difficult time pulling her away from this one. I think she would have just stayed and played at this the entire time. Seth won't admit it but he had a good time too. I caught him playing in the sand with the other kids. He didn't want to leave either.


The dinasour section was really cool. They had lots of fun dinasour bones to look at. Haylee like this part too. She gave me a different pose at each dinasour.








I liked this picture because it shows how easy it would have been for this particular dinasour to eat Haylee.









We got a little astronaut picture that was pretty cute.



After Porland it was on to Seaside to stay in a really neat beach house with the fam. Seth wanted to hike to the top of tilamook head so he convinced his Dad and Sister to get up early and go hike it with him. I think they had a lot of fun. I was a little jealous. I would have loved to hike with them but I stayed to feed the baby.



We took a trip to the aquarium also. This is a picture of Haylee and I looking in at the seals.


They were so cute and would jump and do tricks. The kids even got to throw them little pieces of fish for them to eat. This was a big hit.



There was a lot of cool stuff to look at and even some stuff to touch.

We spent one day out at the beach. It was so beautiful, the kind of place you have to see to really appreciate just how pretty it is. And even though the weather did not totally cooperate with us we had fun anyway. Haylee immediately started building a sand castle. That is what I like to do at the beach too. We teamed up and built a pretty good one.



Kyle was a trooper. He was all smiles even though Mom had him in like 4 shirts and blankets on him to keep him warm. I think he even had a good time. I actually got creative and used the lawn chairs to build a little fort to keep the wind away. It worked pretty well.



Seth being Mr. adventure decided to play cliff hanger and climb the rocks (while wearing flip flops). I just tried not to look too often.




We even stuck our feet in the water a little bit. That water is pretty cold.



Try as I may I cannot find pants that will stay up on this girl. Her legs are so long that in order for her pants to be long enough they fall off. So once again we captured the bum shot.



















After the coast, the kids and I flew out of Portland to make it to my little sisters wedding that weekend. It was so good to get to see my family and be there in the temple when my sister got married. She even let me do her hair and makeup. It was fun to have some sister time. At the reception Haylee and her cousin Aaron started dancing. This was too cute. Little kids dancing together gets me every time.







Here is a picture of Kyle with uncle Kevin. Two pretty handsome boys here.




I found out that nobody was going to decorate the car. I just couldn't have this so I ran to the store and got the stuff. Then I found the groomsmen and gave them the stuff and told them to go decorated it. I helped out a little bit. It was really fun and I think it turned out pretty cute too. We even had cans on the bumper.






I got to spend a little while in California with my family. That was really fun, and then we flew home. So all in all I think that the summer is off to a pretty fun start.

No comments: