Monday, August 10, 2009

Still waiting

So we are still here waiting for this baby to come. I am not quite to my due date yet so I guess it is a little too early to get impaitient. However I had an ultrasound done at 37 weeks and they told me this baby was already 8 pounds so that makes me a little more anxious for him to get here. It is also frustrating because I have been having some pretty strong contractions every now and then, especially at night, but they always stop. I am reading different ways to naturally induce labor and things like that. I pretty sure none of that stuff works. My mom came up to help me out these last couple weeks and play the waiting game with me. It has been really fun having her here. We got the nursery done and everything put away for this little guy. Now we are waiting and doing A LOT of walking. Seth keeps telling me to have him soon because he has to go back to school on like the 26th of August so the sooner I have him the more time he gets to be here. Its like enough with the pressure. My doctor told me he is going to let me go all the way to the 22nd, which I can't even imagine. I think I am going to be pretty grumpy by then. So if anyone has a secret way to get a baby to kick into gear and get here, feel free to let me know, I am open to all kinds of suggestions at this point. I went to my appointment at the hospital yesterday and toured the birthing center and filled out paperwork. It was kinda neat but as we were leaving we saw a couple just leaving with there new baby. They were wearing byu idaho shirts so we talked to them for a while and said that we had gone there too. She asked me how much longer I had and I told her. She said she was happy to be done. I thought yeah, I'll trade you places. It was nice to see the baby and be reminded that this is all worth it. Well heres to the waiting game, hopefully we will have a baby soon, and hopefully he wont be 10 pounds. Cross your fingers for me.

2 comments:

Kimra Bham said...

Good luck!! The last week or so is the longest, for sure!!! I was dying to go into labor with Grant, and three days after my due date, I had had enough :) That day I mowed the lawn, vacuumed the whole house, scrubbed and cleaned the whole house, went on 5 + walks, and then that night we went and walked around a corn maze.... That did the trick for me! He was born the next morning. ( of course I was exhausted the next day! )

At any rate, we'll be excited to hear the good news-- hopefully soon!!! GOOD LUCK!

Julie said...

I feel ya on the waiting game part! I hope he come soon too so I can pinch those chubby little cheeks! 8 lbs already! Just look at it this way, at least you know you will instantly drop 8lbs! :)